Saturday, 22 August 2015

New Fabrics

Greetings,

New fabrics have arrived and I have added a shop page which I will be adding to as new items arrive.

I have four colours of duoplex fabric from Bra Makers Supply - White/Black/Red/Fuchsia. This is a 100% polyester non-stretch stable knit.  It is strong and supportive (no need to line bra cups if using duoplex), and it is reversible (shiny one side, matte other side).


Also in are some gorgeous nylon lycra fabrics - they are all two-way stretch (both directions), Italian made, ideal for lingerie and swimwear.  I have made quite a few bras out of fabric that is also suitable for swimwear, the colours and prints are lovely and you can pick out a contrasting colour in the fabric for the elastics and strapping. They are 150cm wide - only half a metre of each print available - although you only need a small amount for a bra. For smaller sizes I have found I can get a bra and briefs from a quarter metre of fabric easily.

Purples, Reds or Green elastics would look great with this floral

My choice of elastics here would be teal green or red

Blue, Red, Greens - lots of choices for elastics here

Navy or white elastics would be lovely with this

Elastics I have in stock are white (suitable to dye) and black in 12mm wide strapping with plush back, under bust elastic 12mm with plush back, and 9mm scalloped plush elastic for underarm bra edges and brief edges. I do have some 19mm of plush back strapping and plush back under bust in both black and white left.

Hook and eye tape in black and white (suitable to dye) - cut to whichever length or amount of hook/eyes you require.

Silver metal ring/slider sets in 12mm - nylon coated metal ring/slider sets in white and black 12mm, a small amount of gold metal sets in 12mm also.  Nylon coated metal in white and black sets, 19mm width, I also have a small amount of.

Small black ribbon bows for decoration of bra fronts.

Black and white powernet - suitable for bra bands - looks meshy, but is really firm - stretches in the lengthwise direction. 80% nylon/20% spandex blend.

Black and white sheer cup lining - 100% nylon fabric - other than lining cups, use it under delicate fabrics or laces. Almost invisible under fabrics, yet has great support. Also useful for power bars.

Satin finish channelling in black and white (suitable to dye) for underwires.

There we have it - everything available to make yourself some new lingerie except underwires themselves. Hard to know what sizes of these to stock.

My intention is to order in some laces and cut-and-sew foam, so stay tuned!

If there is anything else you would require that I don't have, please just enquire and I will be happy to help.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Are you still selling lingerie supplies? I am interested in two sets of your black 12mm ring and slider sets, and a navy Watson set, with the 2 row hook and eye option. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am Jenn - email me at ellejoans@gmail.com and we'll go from there

      Delete